17 Sep / 2018
In order to better serve our community and distribute funds fairly, the Wakaw Rec Board is creating a new process for applications. All applicants are required to fill out the form below and submit by October 31, 2018. Hard copies are available at the Town Office.
Please review the following guidelines before completing an application:
Online fillable application link:
If you have any questions about the process or wish to discuss your potential project, please contact our Community Developer, Erin, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ann at 306.233.4223.
03 May / 2018
What: Experienced Play Leaders provide no cost, drop in recreation, sport and cultural activities for children in a safe, fun environment.
Who: Local & visiting children ages 4-11.
Where: Wakaw Arena When: Monday throughThursday, July 3rd- August 17th, 10am-3pm
Please send Water, Hat and Sunscreen if possible.
Feel free to send a peanut free lunch with your child. Leaders will set aside time for children to eat lunch they have brought but are not responsible for assuring child has ate, or for sending children home to eat. All children must be capable of toileting themselves.
Kids Club Staff 2018- Olivia, Tyler, Jaedyn, Kennedy, Matt & Drew
( Missing: Julia & Liam)
23 Apr / 2018
Due to the Ministry of Environment’s regulations being enforced at landfills across the province and the increased cost of meeting these standards, REACT will be increasing landfill fees and the price of garbage tags effective May 1, 2018.
Garbage tags will be $2.50 a tag and 1⁄2 tags will no longer be accepted at transfer stations or landfills. A full tag must be on each 77 L bag or can (this also applies to curbside pickup tag-a-bag).
A minimum charge of $5.00 will be implemented to all waste brought to a landfill or transfer station. You will also be required to provide ID showing proof of residency (driver’s license/utility bill). If you are not a REACT member, you will be charged a higher rate.
Your load must be secured or tarped to prevent littering on roads and in ditches. Should your load not be properly contained, you will be charged double the fee of your load or you possibly could be denied entrance to the site.
For more information please contact the REACT office at (306) 682-1955.
12 Mar / 2018
Wakaw Ukrainian Dance Spring Recital
Sunday, May 6 6:30pm
05 Feb / 2018
SMALL TOWN, BIG PRIDE
Wakaw is celebrating Linden Vey as he journeys to the Olympics!
In early January, Wakaw’s Linden Vey was the only Saskatchewan hockey player named to Team Canada’s Men’s Olympic Squad. Town of Wakaw Mayor and Council quickly gave direction that this is a time for our population of 1000 to celebrate our pride for Linden. Various initiatives have been organized to recognize Vey’s journey to the Olympics:
1. VEY DAY IN WAKAW – February 14, 2018. Mayor Steve Skoworodko declared February 14, the day before Team Canada hits the ice, Vey Day in Wakaw. Wakaw will be wearing red in support of Linden, with many sporting custom Vey 91 shirts.
2. MAKE YOUR MARK/FOLLOW THE FLAG From January 27- February 10 a large Canada flag is making its rounds. The goal? To have as many people sign it with well wishes for Linden. The Flag will then travel to Pyeongchang with Linden’s family and be delivered to #91 himself.
3. GO LINDEN WINDOW WARS For the duration of the Olympic Games local businesses and institutions will decorate their windows, facades, storefronts, entrances or outbuildings to show support for Linden and Team Canada. To kick start the patriotism and pride, the town has purchased Flags for each business. An adjudication group representing all ages will go around on Vey Dey to choose the top three displays.
4. JAMMIE SELFIES For Canada’s first game on February 15 at 6 am, the town will be spearheading a social media campaign with the hashtag #SmallTownBigPride. Alarms across the community are set to go off as residents rise to watch game one on an early Wednesday morning.
5. VIEWING PARTY: An all ages viewing party is planned for February 16 at 9pm in the Wakaw Rec Centre. Anticipate a full house and screaming fans as Canada takes on the Czech Republic. Free admission, volunteer run and all proceeds from food and bar sales will go to Wakaw Minor Hockey as per Linden’s direction.
Name: Erin Standish, Community Developer Mobile: 306-233-8404
Name: Steven Skoworodko, Mayor Mobile: 306-233-7838
Facebook: Wakaw Community & Recreation
Official Release : Wakaw Celebrates Local Olympian
08 Jan / 2018
The Town of Wakaw and our partners have multiple options for your next event. From intimate meetings to community fundraisers, there is space for you in our community. Reasonable rates for weddings, reunions, AGMS, workshops- we can help host it all. Contact the Office for rates and availability.
306-233-4223 or email@example.com
13 Dec / 2017
Wakaw Legion is hosting a New Year Celebration at the Legion Hall
Doors Open at 7pm
Midnight lunch, favours, DJ and draws
For tickets call or text 306-233-7449
23 Oct / 2017
Wakaw School is hosting a Halloween Penny Carnival from 1-3pm on October 31st. This fun event is open to all students as well as preschoolers, toddlers and their families. Activities cost a quarter and proceeds go to the SRC.
Trick or Treating in our community follows the Carnival and goes to 6pm. Have fun everyone, and stay safe!